Saturday, December 6, 2008

Butterbur? Yoga? Time?

It's been a week and a half since I've had a migraine. Monumental for me, lately. So what is the change?

Could it be that my body has readjusted since getting off the birth control pill that (was suppose to have) stopped my periods? My body took two months to adjust to being very slowly taken off Lexapro (the first drug my first neurologist put me on to control the serotonin levels that can cause migraines). Migraines all the time during June and July was the price I paid for stopping the drug. Perhaps this influx of migraines these past two months will ebb now...maybe I'll just be dealing with migraines during my period? (Which was the reason I went on the BCP in the first place: to stop my periods from even happening, which would stop my migraines. It worked for one month, then my own hormones refused to be controlled...willful hormones...)

Could it be butterbur? I've been on it one month now, which is how long my neurologist said it would take to reduce them by 50%.

Could it be yoga? I've only been doing it for one month now and only once a week at that, but the instant benefits on my shoulders and my mind are noteworthy.

Could it be the Co-Q 10 and Vitamin B-2? I think these two are less likely. I've been taking these for months with no notice of decrease on my migraines. I will continue to take them, and then as my neurologist suggested, I will take one away at a time to see if they are needed.

I think it is a combination of my body's adjustment, the butterbur and the yoga. Crossing my fingers for another good week.

No comments: