Monday, December 22, 2008

Holy Migraine Absence, Batman!


That's right! I didn't have any migraines during this past week. Actually, let's pool all the days of this month together and I can say that I've had one, ONE, one migraine this month.

I have had a frequency of what I call spot headaches. I'm not sure if this is common enough to be called something. They come at me quickly and sharply in one place in my head. Most commonly it is on the side of my head, above my ear on the left side, or at the front of my head, just above my forehead on my right side. They last anywhere from ten seconds to two minutes. But I don't think they are any longer than that. During my period I had one to five of those a day. But again, no migraines!!

The "spot" headaches stop me (like a painful braxton contraction) in my place but only last a short time, so they don't interfere in my life. Of course...I would love to not have those either, but at this point I am still in awe of not having a migraine for so long, or at least having it be spaced out so far apart.

I'm about to shoot off an email to my neurologist to tell him the good news. It's nice to be able to send that kind of email. And perhaps he'll have a good suggestion for the "spot" headaches...

Oh. I also should note that I haven't taken the Co-Q10 for a month. I ran out, and also I had taken the butterbur for over a month and started seeing (assuming it was connected) results and so thought I would just see what happened if I didn't buy another bottle of those. I'm still taking the Vitamin B.

No comments: