Friday, March 20, 2009

The Ebb


As my cycle (sorry, boys) ends, I feel the end of the migraine.

I am grateful that there is an ebb.

It used to not matter what I did, it was always a migraine, always. I haven't had to use the prednisone taper for a few months now.

Now it is only cyclic. A few days before (or in this case, about four days) it starts and then during and then it goes. I don't use the prednisone taper on my period because I know it is just my period and that when that stops, so will my migraines.

In a few weeks I will most likely have a migraine, but only for a day or two. Then in a month, another week of headaches. Then an ebb.

I can take it when it's predictable. It's okay when I know about the pain, how long it will last and understand why I'm experiencing it all. More importantly I know what works for me to bring comfort and even function, and I know how to communicate all this to my husband and children.

So I probably (hopefully) will have nothing personal to post for a few weeks. Unless there is some current event that I need to write about.

No comments: