Friday, June 19, 2009

Getting Better, I Think

My headaches are more mild and short lasting. I've even had a few head-pain free days, too, this past month.

I've noticed my head pain linked to neck strain quite a bit. I've been doing more neck exercises and this seems to relieve pain pretty quickly.

I've had a migraine this week for the past two days. Before I understood migraines, I wouldn't have called this a migraine. There was very little pain; no thumping and pounding, just occasional side of the head pain that only lasts a minute or two. This kind of thing happens every hour or two but goes away and doesn't get in the way of anything. Mostly I noticed a little dizziness two evenings ago and a little last night. The same funny feeling I get before I get vertigo. Also, both times, a few hours before I felt strange, I was very sleepy for a few minutes.

I'm going to start paying a little more attention to the sleepy thing. I'm not sure if this is a common symptom. I do know that I noticed ion days that I would get a migraine I would often feel this way, like all of a sudden I couldn't stay awake, earlier in the day. A sleepy spell. It only lasts a few minutes. My husband suggested that perhaps I should pay attention to that--go to bed early when that happens.

That's all I've got to report right now on my symptoms.

I think the butterbur twice a day increase, along with the other things might be helping since my headaches have decreased. I need to keep a calendar to be sure. Sometimes I overestimate my well days and it would be well for me to mark the symptoms I have, the severity of the pain, and any pre-migraine feelings I have.

1 comment:

Purple Energy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.